Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2021

Cow Eye Dissection.

On Wednesday period 3 we did an eye dissection on a cow eye my teacher showed us a video on how to do the dissection. Before this we have been learning about the different parts of they eye and what they do. After the video we go given a tray, scissors and a pair of tweezers to work with the eye.


The cornea is the clear outer layer of the eye that The cornea helps your eye to focus light so you can see clearlyThe pupil of the eye is a portal which admits and regulates the flow of light to the retina, The iris helps control the size of the pupil to let more or less light into the eye,  lens is an important part of the eye's anatomy that allows the eye to focus on objects at varying distancesThe retina contains millions of light-sensitive cells (rods and cones) and other nerve cells that receive and organise visual information. Your retina sends this information to your brain,  the clear, watery fluid between the cornea and the front of the vitreous. The aqueous humour bathes and nourishes the lens and maintains pressure within the eye the humour is also the middle of the eye but its not on the diagram. optic nerve Itransmits sensory information for vision in the form of electrical impulses from the eye to the brain.

We had to cut off the fat from the eye then pierce into the eye to cut is open and then we had a look on the inside of the eye to see all the different parts of the eye. I didn't enjoy it the dissection was very gross and there was a risk on some gross liquid squirting out of it the person who I was working with couldn't pierce through they eye so it was really gross. I did really find anything inserting about the dissection. I didn't really expect it to be a bluey white. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.