Pages

Friday, July 31, 2020

food group meal plan

Hello everyone for my health class I been working on a healthy meal plan and  mine seemed pretty good this is how it turned out. we are doing this so we know how to short out a healthy food plan and know what we should eat in a day. 

This was also challenging because at the beginning I didn't understand what I was doing but the in the end I understood what I was doing. 

Your Task: Create a meal plan for 1 day that includes all the necessary amounts for each of the 4 Food Groups

Vegetables + Fruit - at least 3 servings of veges and 2 servings of fruit every day 
Grain foods - 6 servings each day (check portion sizes)
Milk/Milk products - 2 servings
Legumes/Nuts/Seeds/Fish/Seafood/Eggs/Poultry/Meat etc. - 2 servings 

When you have created your meal plan, please highlight each food based on the colours provided above. This will help us clearly see where each of the food groups has fit in. Remember, you want each meal to be a balanced plate.

Bonus research: how many glasses of water should we have each day? Fit this into your meal plan. 

Breakfast
Yogurt,cheese  and strawberries and banana   
Lunch
Rice with broccoli,corn with bread on the side
Snack
Popcorn and some nuts/seeds  Nutri-Grain
Dinner
chicken ,mushrooms, porridge/rolled oats
Water
How many servings per day? You should have it everyday but 8-ounce glass that is  2 liters, or half a gallon
How do you think you could fit these in besides just at meal times? 
  •    Water breakfast and lunch 
  •   Coke or something that as sugar for a snack
  • Water or tea dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.