Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Bio

 Hello yesterday in bio we were look at a sheep heart since it is closer to our heart because this week we are learning abut hearts. We were doing this to learn about hearts and how they work like what parts are what what are there names. We got to see everything on the inside of the heart and the outside also what it looks like. 

Right side: 

  1. From the superior vena cava, cut down the right side from the atrium to the ventricle.

  2. Identify the right atrium, ventricle and the valve.

  3. Follow from the ventricle up through the artery (pulmonary). Where does it go?

Left side: 

  1. From the Pulmonary vein, cut down the left side from the atrium to the ventricle.

  2. Identify the left atrium, ventricle and the valves.

  3. Follow from the ventricle up through the artery (aorta). Where does it go?


The stuff that happened when we did this was we got to cut it open and see the inside of the heart and what happens inside a heat. I already new that the heart and one side that is thin and one side is thick.

I didn't really like the dissection it made me really sick and gave me a headache and I didn't really like all the blood and what it looked like.

Pulmonary- Is related to the lungs.

Septum- Is the thing that's is in the middle on the heart.

Heart strings- They are mostly called tendinous cords they hold the heart so it doesn't expanded 

Heart Health and Aging | National Institute on AgingAnatomy of a Human Heart
The atrium is the opening then the valve close so the blood doesn't go the wrong way the ventricle pushes the blood in to the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.