Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2019

filter science experiment

Hi welcome back to my amazing blog.

Aim: To make a filtration plant using households materials 



What is filtration?


Filtration is separating solids from liquids by adding a medium through which only the liquid can pass. 

Examples are:

  1.  tea bag 
  2.  kidney
  3.  pool
  4. coffee plunger/coffee 

Materials

1. Bottle 
2. Stones
3.Sand
4. Styrofoam cup
5. Dirty water
6. Filter paper
7. scissors  
8.funnel
9.coffee filter

Process - ( use verbs or doing words in each step )


Step 1

Cut the bottle in half.

Step 2

Put the top half upside down in the bottom bottle. 

STEP 3

Add layers of fillter paper, sand, cup of pebbles,

STEP 4

Get 1 cup of dirty water.

STEP 5

Pour dirty water into the filter.

It didn't work it turned brown because there was sand on the side of the bottle and not put the sand on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.