Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Home Chemistry

Home Chemistry
This week for Hurumanu my class and 7/8 TZ are classroom  buddy's and for Hurumanu we are doing Science with Mrs Palmer and Miss Birtch. We had to write down a list of things we needed for science and write the Chemical names for them. 
Here is the Document


For our first experiment we mixed baking powder and white vinegar together. We put the baking powder in first and then vinegar it worked but not very well then we did the other way round and it worked better.
Here are 5 words that we use for the experiment:
Reaction 
Burst
Chemicals 
Mixture 
Foam 

Here are some photos of what it looked like:



Image result for baking powder and vinegar experiment in a cup

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jessica!

    Wow I am very impressed with your first blog post. I like how you decided to link the list of ingredients that you and your buddy were working on.

    You have earned your first point towards your science badge!

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. I like the 5 words. You have explained the experiment well and the picture makes it look very interesting. Great Work. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.