Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Umu

Hello everyone how are you today. We are doing another task but this time its for Samoan and about the umu.


What is an Umu? What does it need, what is it for?
An umu is something that you cook in the ground or on rocks. Its need a fire wood rocks and leaves coconuts.

How are traditional Samoan skills taught?
well normal they are self taught or shown how to do it at a young age.

Is there something you’ve experienced similar to an umu? What was it? Where did you experience it? no I have never had an experienced and umu before.

What types of things are cooked in an umu?

Sometime it  includes fish and other seafood such as octopus along with pork, chicken, lamb, taro, bananas and other vegetable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.