Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Speech Writing

Good day everyone! How are you? I hope you are doing for a few weeks now my class as be doing speech writing. We got to choose a topic that we wanted to help or we liked I choose to do LGBTQ+ because it something that needs help, needs to be notice and needs to be talked about and I hope this helped you have a closer eye with LGBTQ+.

Ahh what a lovely beautiful day oh hello i'm Leo. I have a question. Have you ever been judged for being who you are or about your sexuality? Well I have and I'm here to tell you why LGBTQ+ should be supported.


If some of you don’t know what LGBTQ+ stands for here what it means.


L-lesbian

G-gay

B-bisexual/bi

T-trangender/trans

Q-queer 

+-pan, asexual,non-binary,genderfuild (exes) 


Today I am going to tell you when the term LGBTQ+ started. It started in 1988. This started in the US, surprise right with what's going on now. Did you know Trump has now allowed doctors to discriminate against LGBTQ+ people? Do you want to  know who was the first person to be openly gay? His name was Harvey Milk, he was born in 22 May 1930 he also died when we was 48 years


Back in the 19s people who were LGBTQ+ were allowed to get married. Now in most country LGBTQ+ people aren't aloud to get married.


So now, I am DISGUSTED with people these days for one, people using gay as a joke. Two, joking about people being LGBTQ+ and three dead naming people after they change their name. So it's really not ok to call people by their dead name.



You might also be wondering what dead naming is. I get asked this a lot. What is dead naming? What does it mean? Well dead naming is where you say their birth name like my name is Leo but my birth name is my female name. 


But why should LGBTQ+ be supported? We are all human so it doesn’t matter if you’re LGBTQ or black or white, we are all human and because a lot of people who are LGBTQ+  don’t get support from family, friends, and teachers. They get bullied for it and sometimes it can really hurt. I don’t want that and I'm sure families don't want their children to be hurt.


I’m sorry but we really need to support people because I don’t want people to be discriminated against because of their sexuality and I'm sure you don’t. So please can we support people again. If you know someone who is being bullied because of their sexuality please go give them a hug, tell them you support them and if it is your daughter or son tell them you love them and you will support them.  


Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.