Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Explanation Writing

Hello everyone how are you today? In class today we our Explanation Writing Assessment today. This is my finished writing but for a final we had to rate it from
1 to 6 for my sentences I picked R3. I picked this because I feel sometime that not all my sentences tell the
reader about what i'm talking about but some do. For my Struct & Lang I picked R4 because most of my writing match my type of text that i'm writing about. Well I hope you enjoy reading it tell me what you think about it bye.

They use the stars, sun and clouds. You can comprehend this to a rover but in a different way?


The Polynesians use the stars, sun, moon and cloud to help them navigate to help them know where they are going at night. They use the stars to help them know where north, east, west and south are. The stars help them see this by pointing to where it is or lining it to that way nowadays there different ways to know north, east, west and south. People can also tell the time with the sun and clouds.


A star copes, what is it? Well it’s not a physical object but more like a mental map, It’s just another way to help the Polynesians know where they go and to show them where the stars are going and they can follow it.


How does the rover and Polynesian act the same? They both need a human copse to know where to go. They also both use space and stars. The boat/rover might follow or know where to go but they both need humans to help navigate to places.



They relate by a couple of things: a human, space and stars but so many other things that they can relate with  and connect together.


Hello today our teacher gave us some feedback and we had to update our writing. So here is my updated writing.


What linked the Polynesians and the rovers together? The Polynesians use the stars, sun, moon and cloud to help them navigate at night. The stars help tell them where north, east, west and south are by pointing or lining to the direction. Nowadays different ways have been found to tell where north, east, west and south. People can also tell the time with the sun, clouds, stars and moons


A star compass is not a physical object but more like a mental map. It’s just another way to help the Polynesians know where they go and to show them where the stars are going and they can follow it.


How are rovers and Polynesian almost the same well. They both need a human  compass to know where to go. They also both use space and stars. The boat/rover might follow or know where to go but they both need humans to help navigate to places.



They both relate with a couple of things: 1. a human 2. space and stars but there are so many other things that they can relate with and connect together. And why they both need these is a different story.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.