Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Who Are We-Gold Mining

Hello everyone how are you today? Today in who are you we are looking a gold mining for our reading and we have to look at for discoveries for the gold mining and 4 for the New Zealand and Chinese. 

  1. Gabriel Read gained fame and Provincial Government Bonuses when he found gold near the Tuapeka River.
  2. Thousands of digger rush to Gabriel's Gully hoping to become rich 
  3. The Otago gold rush peaked in the mid-1860s
  4. The Otago Provincial Government had offered $1000
New Zealand and Chinese 
  1. The homelands of the first Chinese settlers to come to New Zealand lie. 
  2.  5000 Chinese miners come to the Goldfields of Central Otago in the 1860's.
  3. A good numbers of Chinese miners went to the Californian and Australian fields, and some also came to New Zealand.
  4. In 1866 there were less than 200 Chinese miners in Otago by April 1868 the Chinese population had increased to 1270

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.