Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Chromatography

Chromatography is a pigment separate, pigments are different colors in one type of  color like a pen it take out the different colors it also gives the colors to things. 


Aim-To separate the different pigments from ink using chromatography

hypothesis- I think that the pen line will go up and take out the pigments, the colors we might see are orange blue and black. (depended on the pen

1- Draw a line across the filter paper in pencil, 5cm from the bottom.

2- Draw a coloured dot in the centre of the line.

3- Measure out 10mL of water and place in the test tube.

4- Place the filter paper in the test tube and fold over the side. MAKE SURE THE PENCIL LINE/ DOT IS NOT IN THE WATER.

5- Wait for 5 minutes and observe the results

EQUIPMENT- Felt tip pen, filter paper strips, test tube, measuring cylinder, pencil.




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.