Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Science-Distillation

States of matter 

S. solid
L. liquid
G. gas

Whats evaporation? Evaporation is when a substance gets heated up and it turn from a liquid to gas. (Think of a kettle boiling) 

Whats condensation: Its goes from gas to a liquid by cooling it down. (Thing of your window when its cold)

whats distillation: Separate a solution using evaporating. 

Distillation Experiment:
Aim: use distillation to separate out the dissolved sugars in coke or coke zero (diet), from the liquid.

Hypothesis:
I think that coke will give us more sugar then the coke zero will. Coke is just made out of sugar more then coke zero is. I think the liquid will look lighter then it started as.










Results: it boiled to a point wear there was only sugar left some had a whole lot of sugar (normal coke) and some had not much (diet coke) and one had less water and one had more.

discussion:  I saw that it boiled because we were adding heat to a liquid and that turned into a gas because we gave it more energy (evaporating) then we called it down making less energy for it. 

Conclusion:  Yes it did work 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.